Wednesday 2 September 2009

Dam Funk - Love Is Here 2Nite (I Can Feel It)



Dam Funk's back with another EP, this time exposing his softer side with songs all about relationships. We'll let the perma-sunglassed Californian explain...

Dam Funk:

"This particular part of my debut; Toeachizown is Vol. 3 & it's called Life because these songs focus on relationships; good ones & weird ones (if U will). These songs also include vocals on all the tracks. The one I'm most proud of in this juncture of the album is “I Wanna Thank U (4 Steppin' Into My Life)” as it's dedicated 2 someone very special 2 me who came into my life at the right time and without judgement. It's a full song. Hook, verses, bridge and ready for radio play. I just wanted 2 show that I can actually create a full song (if and when I choose 2), and not only way out there beats & such.

All the songs on Life I hope connect with my friends who dig my take and contribution to this strain of Funk, which I consider Melodic-Funk, influenced by such great artist that came before me like: Loose Ends, KASHIF, MTUME, and some of Steve Arrington's (of SLAVE) more mellower solo joints. I also enjoyed creating “Could I Be Loosing Another Lover?”. This one's dedictated 2 all who may be able 2 relate 2 this type of situation. Bottom line, I just thank U 4 listening. Stay tuned for Vol. 4: Hood. Peace fam."

↓ Dam Funk - Love Is Here 2Nite (I Can Feel It) ↓ (BUY)

Dam Funk: myspace

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: